DIPLOMA IN CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE
- Understand the organization of Critical Care Services
- Acquire clinical knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to quickly assess and manage emergencies in medicine.
- To establish and maintain clinical knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to quickly assess and manage emergencies in medicine.
- To perform a complete and appropriate assessment of acutely ill patients, i.e. a well- organized history and physical examination
- To select appropriate investigations, including laboratory and diagnostic imaging, with careful attention to patient safety, diagnostic utility and cost, and interpret the results accurately and within their clinical context
- Differential diagnosis of common illnesses presenting to emergency department
- To be familiar with the equipment and drugs used in emergencies and use therapeutic interventions in a safe, effective, appropriate and timely manner.
- Demonstrate proficient and appropriate use of procedural skills, both diagnostic and therapeutic.
- Learning to establish good patient doctor relationships in the acute care settings.
Duration: 1 year
Eligibility: MD/DNB(Medicine/Anaesthesia/Resp. Med)
Selection Procedure: Merit+PI