M.SC. MEDICAL PHYSIOLOGY
Course prepares individuals to seize diverse opportunities in health care and medicine, from patient care and disease prevention to public health, teaching and research.
- Physiology is a science of the functioning of the living system. It is a branch or subcategory of biology. Those who have basic knowledge, skill and behavioral attitudes to students of medical and paramedical courses are a good suit of it. They should also have analytical and problem – solving skills such as thinking your way around problems, developing a hypothesis and designing experiments to address questions being asked.
- In this course the scientific method is applied to determine how organism, organ system, organ, cell and bio molecular function carry out the chemical or physical function that they have in a living system. Environment physiology, automatic physiology and pulmonary physiology are covered during the course as well.
- The course is beneficial to know more about the body functions related to the area of expertise. Typically, a physiologist helps diagnose and treat specific aliments or injuries to assist patient to regain physical independence.
- On successful completion of this course the graduates are capable of working in wide range of career opportunities in the employment areas like govt. hospitals, rehab centers, research labs, medicals schools or universities, medical content writings, etc. where they also have different types of job like junior research fellow, technical assistant, physiologist, fitness nutritionist, etc.
- This master degree course also serves as a basis for further higher studies in this field such as Ph.D. and M.Phil. for research work.
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: B.sc PCB/MBBS/BDS/BAMS/ BHMS/BPT/B.Pharm/B.Sc. Nursing/BVSc.&AH
B.sc PCB/MBBS/BDS/BAMS/ BHMS/BPT/B.Pharm/B.Sc. Nursing/BVSc.&AH
Selection Procedure: Merit+PI