M.SC. MEDICAL MICROBIOLOGY
This course aims to provide knowledge of medical microbiology which includes microorganisms, diagnosis, disease causation, and treatment of pathogens to advanced practical training and major significance to public health.
- M.Sc. Medical Microbiology course covers the molecular and medical aspects of virology, bacteriology, immunology, and mycology to infection. The main aim of this course is to provide the scientific basis of modern microbiological and traditional concepts. In this course, candidates will develop the practical skills, knowledge, and critical awareness required to pursue their career in medical microbiology.
- In this course, students study major topics which include principles of microbiology, research methods, understanding infection, microbial pathogenesis, global health and epidemiology, and molecular diagnostics. In addition to this course, students also study various clinical applications of microbes for the improvement of health.
- Teaching and research opportunities in Medical Institutes, Colleges and Universities.
- As Teaching Research Assistant, Medical Scientist in government hospitals, health care centers, medical lab, private clinics, etc.
- Graduates may get opportunities like healthcare organizations, such as NHS and private hospitals, public health organizations, environmental organizations, food and drink industries, petroleum industries, pharmaceuticals, water and biotechnology companies, forensic science laboratories, public funded research organizations, and higher education institutes.
- Can further pursue M.Phil. or Ph.D. course in Medical Microbiology. After completing this course, they may get opportunities in various top companies with high salary packages.
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: B.sc PCB/MBBS/BDS/BAMS/ BHMS/BPT/B.Pharm/B.Sc. Nursing/BVSc.&AH
B.sc PCB/MBBS/BDS/BAMS/ BHMS/BPT/B.Pharm/B.Sc. Nursing/BVSc.&AH
Selection Procedure: Merit+PI