DIPLOMA IN DERMATOLOGY (INCLUDING COSMETIC DERMATOLOGY)
At the end of the this course, student should be able to:
- Recognize the key importance of Skin, in the context to the health priority of the country.
- Practice the specialty of dermatology, in keeping with the principles of professional ethics.
- Identify, social, economic, environmental, biological & emotional determinates of patients, and institute diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitative, preventive and promotive measures to provide holistic care to patients.
- Recognize the importance of growth and development as the foundation of dermatology and cosmetology and help each patient realize his/her optimal potential in this regard.
- Take detailed history, perform full physical examination, local examination & make clinical diagnosis in the field of dermatology.
- Perform relevant investigative and therapeutic procedures for the dermatology and cosmetology.
- Interpret important imaging and laboratory results.
- Plan and deliver comprehensive treatment for illness using principles of rational drug therapy.
- Demonstrate empathy and humane approach towards patients and their families and respect their sensibilities.
- Demonstrate communication skills of a high order in explaining management and prognosis, providing counseling and giving health education messages to patients, families and communities.
Duration: 1 Year
Selection Procedure: Merit+PI