B.TECH (FT) MBA (CBCS)
"We aim to build real technocrat, that can build the nation with technology"
Food Technology deals with the techniques and principles involved in processing and preserving the food substances. The application of food science helps in manufacturing safe, wholesome and nutritious food products. Developments in food technology have contributed greatly to the food supply and have changed our world. The study of food technology is to develop new methods and systems for keeping food products safe and resistant from natural harms such as bacteria and other micro-organisms. Food processing helps in preservation, enhances the flavor and reduces the toxins in the food product which results in better distributional efficiency and easy marketing of the food product. The modern food processing techniques are the key to flourishing supermarkets we have today. Extra nutrients can be added while processing the food and processed food is less susceptible to spoilage. Some of the techniques used are spray drying, juice concentrates, freeze drying and the introduction of artificial sweeteners, colorants, and preservatives. Many products such as dried instant soups, reconstituted fruits and juices, and self cooking meals have been developed for the convenience of working people. The food processing industries are involved in processes such as primary and secondary processing, preservation, quality management, packaging and labeling of a variety of dairy, fish, fruit & vegetable, meat & poultry, confectionery and food grain products.
The Department of Food Technology provides knowledge and training in the field of Food Engineering and Technology, to meet the requirements of technical manpower at various levels by implementing the concepts of modular systems in technical education. Salient features of the Department are:
- The department received financial assistance of Rs. 50 Lac from the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Govt. of India, New Delhi, for strengthening and updating its laboratory facilities
- The department has basic & advanced equipments to provide hands-on practical training to the students
- Job-oriented four to six months Industrial Project/ Internship in the final semester of the programme
- The prevalent Government Regulations for food industries provide excellent job opportunities to the B.Tech. Food Technology graduates
- Regular Industrial visits/ Tours for better correlation of theoretical concepts with real life work situations (e.g. Parle, Britannia, PepsiCo, Coca Cola, Mother Dairy, Saras, ICAR etc)
- Industry oriented syllabus
- Regular Workshops and Guest Lectures to consolidate and update students knowledge
- Good Placement record
- Strong Alumni Links and Support
Duration: 5 Years
Eligibility: 12th (PCM or PCB) - Min. 50% (As per AICTE)
12th (PCM or PCB) - Min. 50% (As per AICTE)
Selection Procedure: ET + P.I.
ET + P.I.